Book Review Policy
Do you want me to review your book or book subscription box on our site?
I prefer to review books that I could read with my own children (who are currently almost 5, 6 and 8). This means I’d gladly consider requests to receive children picture books, non-fiction books, early readers, short chapter books, and poetry. No e-book or F&G book requests, please! I prefer to only receive and review physical hard copies of books.
Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee to review every book I receive. That said, often I will post pictures on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to spread the word about great books I’ve received which don’t make it onto the blog.
Lastly, please bear in mind I review books for pleasure! This means enjoying my family life always comes before book reviews. If you send me a book for review with a specific deadline then I’m willing to consider it. Typically, once I’ve received a review copy it takes 3-6 weeks for a review to appear on the blog.
Simply send me an e-mail at: contact@brownboybrowngirl.
Please send your book(s) to ATTEN: Teresa Baker; Brown Boy Brown Girl; 251 north Rose Street, Kalamazoo MI 49007.
What to Include in Your Review Request:
- Book Title
- Release date
- Page count
- Age range of the intended audience (for children’s books)
- Website associated with the book or author
- Applicable social media handles for Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Your contact name (and role)
- Expected time frame when you would like the review to be posted (if applicable)
- Book tour information (if applicable)
- Giveaway copies available (if applicable)
- Author interview availability (if applicable)
That's it! I look forward to hearing from you!